Friday, December 10, 2010

Wow

Galatians 1: 10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

We always have to examine what we're doing and why. I was doing up a study of 2COR and ended up going one click to far into Galatians and there was this verse staring me in the face. I've obviously read it before but this is my first time READING it. God's way is incredibly hard and usually pretty lonely. We tend to think that success means a large group or gathering. And it's true that God's word will never return void AND that people are desperate for it. Therefore, sometimes there will be a gathering when you are truly speaking the Gospel of Christ. Where we fall into trouble is when we start thinking.... how are we going to keep these people? We'll start to take the edge off God's word thinking that it's necessary. Unfortunately this verse really hammers this home that it's the wrong thing to do.

No, I'm not picking on Ryan or Pastor Benny or any other large group pastor/teacher. But I can tell you this, I can guarantee it's something they've faced and often at that. I pray that God's word has a free course to travel in our lives. I pray that the Holy Spirit come down and fall in our lives to keep us energized for Christ and to depend on Him and not man.

No comments:

Post a Comment