Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pray

Good Morning!! Here I sit at my computer, writing about Isaiah and I had to turn the course mid writing!! Perhaps Isaiah is for another day :-)

I must encourage you to pray before you read the Word of God. Every time I pray before we read God's Word, I always learn something!! From this mornings readings I walked away with two really neat truths. However, I think it is so important to ask God to show up in your Bible time!

Before you begin, pray and ask God to show you something new and fresh, something that applies to you in your life, and your walk.

God can give you an answer to a sought after question, a peace or comfort that may be missing in your life.

Whatever you need today, God has it for you.

In James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

God is faithful and true. God does not want us wondering through life without direction or hope!

Isaiah 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

The Word of God is a book of promises, warning signs and stop signs. We need to dive in with expectations, asking for wisdom, direction, discernment. Whatever we are lacking God is ready to show us the answer!

Pray for God to show you something new today!!

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right about this. God's word revealed!

    ReplyDelete