Monday, December 13, 2010

Where's the line to see Jesus?

As I sat at my computer this morning, creating a personalized video from Santa to my kids, I wondered...where's the personalized video from Jesus? The Santa video talks about what the child has done well this year, what they should keep working on, and lets them know that Santa is watching and expects them to be good. http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/prepare-a-message I began to think about searching for a similar website that would let me create that kind of video, but from Jesus. Then it was 8:30, time for Monday morning office devotions. I love this privilege, so I happily left my Santa videos alone.

In God's divine wisdom, and humor, the message was based on a song called "Where's the line to see Jesus?" by Becky Kelley. The background is that a little boy was at the mall with his mom. After noticing the long line to see Santa, he asked about where he could find the line to see Jesus. This is so profound. In this commercial culture, I pray that we can keep the focus on Jesus enough so that our children will know where to find Jesus...in any situation, at anytime of year. 


1 comment:

  1. It's funny because when we're watching tv and they start talking about Christmas is about presents my boys say... no it's not it's about Jesus. Then we try and tell them at the end of the program that it's not about giving or others either. This kind of surprised them because it's become that and we think of it as a Christian thing to do. It's about Jesus coming though. Notice how at Jesus' birthday party we give presents to everyone but the one we're celebrating? I pray also that we can just focus on Jesus too. My present to Jesus this year is more of my life.

    ReplyDelete