Monday, December 13, 2010

Demons

Matthew 12:43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.

This was Pastor Benny's message last night. What an awesome message about being filled with the Holy Spirit. This morning I couldn't keep from thinking about this verse and I think I connected something pretty cool. One of Benny's points was that demons seem to like land and dry hot places. And that they receive no rest until back into a host. So all at once I thought of something.

Las Vegas is dubbed 'Sin City' and it's literally a city in the desert. Imagine that. Demons love dry and hot places and we in America have a place in the desert named Sin City. Here I was wanting to visit it. Not really for gambling because I'm not into that. Not for the sexual playground because I'm happily married and honestly that kind of trash just isn't appealing in the least. What I always wanted to do was go to Hoover Dam AND just see the glitz and shows. Now, I think I'll just pass. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting connection Doc. I wanted to visit that area too. I really want to see the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete