Thursday, November 18, 2010

World peace

Psalm 122: 6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
“May those who love you be secure.
7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels.”
8 For the sake of my family and friends,
I will say, “Peace be within you.”
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.

Ryan talked about this Sunday but I just read this and felt this way. I know worldly peace isn't possible without Jesus Christ returning and even then it will be more chaos for the people left on the world. But I suggest that Christ can return today to our lives and provide the peace within our walls. There's nothing we can do to insure 'world' peace, but every Christian could be at peace with his maker and truly submitted to him. Of course this would require dropping our worldly garments and trading them in for the glorified robe of Christ. So what am I willing to do for world peace? I'm willing to transform my heart and let my Lord have my life and my family. I will seek his face and delight in his ways. Yep, Jehovah Jireh, You're more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment