Thursday, November 18, 2010

John Mark McMillan | How He Loves: A Story



I just can't help worshiping in this song. It's just so personal how the God of creation can love me even after all the things I've done to trample his son's sacrifice. Even after all the times I've turned my back on him. After having to tune out christian songs so I can enjoy my sin. There he is waiting for me. Jealous for my worship and love back. In this video, the author explains how the words came and talks about it being a sloppy love. I'm so grateful for God sticking with me and loving me through my ungratefulness. Because I've more than thrown Jesus to the ground and nailed him to a cross. I've constantly spit in his face and been ungrateful for the sacrifice he's given for me. Like an infant I pitched fits right in the middle of Walmart. God, like all loving fathers had to give me a bottle of milk just to shut me up. So when I read this it describes me.

Hebrews 5:
11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Lord, help me to live a righteous life filled with compassion and mercy. Help me use my struggles and sin as a testimony of your love and grace. Help me to just kneel in awe of your sacrifice and try to live my life as an example and not a waste of it. Holy Spirit please wash over me and flood me with your righteousness and vigor for your word. Without you there is no hope for me. Lord I thank you so much for every drop of blood and every tear you cried. I love you so much for every pain and torture you endured. Just so I wouldn't have to. Just so my name could be written in the book of life. Just so I could draw close to you and be justified in the eyes of our Father and Creator. There is no way I could ever thank you enough, except to not waste your sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment