Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ezekiel 22 Holy?

Ezekiel 22: 23 Again the word of the LORD came to me: 24 “Son of man, say to the land, ‘You are a land that has not been cleansed or rained on in the day of wrath.’ 25 There is a conspiracy of her princes[b] within her like a roaring lion tearing its prey; they devour people, take treasures and precious things and make many widows within her.
26 Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.
27 Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain. 28 Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says’—when the LORD has not spoken. 29 The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the foreigner, denying them justice.


30 “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD.”

I highlighted chapter 26 because it so stuck out at me. In this day and age it speaks volumes towards the modern church. How many mainline denominations have forsaken the word of the Lord and accepted open homosexuality among it's leaders? How many have forsaken the word of the Lord and committed blasphemy by teaching that Jesus is just one of the ways to God? How many have preached that it doesn't matter what you have faith in as long as you have faith? How many have declared that Holiness depends on the person and the culture? How long have we as a church ignored the Holiness of God? Ezekiel shows a very wrathful God. A God who is upset with how horrible the people have become. Above it talks about the different sexual sins. How far we've fallen. It describes us and our condition. So what do we do? Well it's written in God's word.

1Peter 1:
13 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”a]">[a]

Be Holy! You know, there are horrible evil things that were complete strongholds in my life. Things I thought I would never overcome. Things I knew I couldn't overcome without a miracle from Jesus. But I can tell you that the Holy Spirit has burned these places from my life. Yes, it's a struggle every day. Every second I am in constant prayer for the helper's strength. In the end after everything is said and done, it comes down to one thing though. I have to tell myself, "Stay Holy". Please don't misunderstand me because I'm still wretched. But I believe with all my heart that the Holy Spirit combined with my heart and mind focused on Holiness will yield Holy results. I know that God is looking for Holiness and I want to be set apart from the dross of the world. In doing this my family will be set apart.

It's time to stop playing and get to working on being children of the most high God. God calls us to strive for a holy life. We're already acting the part so why not ask for Jesus' help to start being the part? Why not make a commitment to put aside the destructive things of sin? If it's too much sin then why not start by cutting down the littlest one first? It works like Dave Ramsey's debt snowball. Then move up to the next sin. Get some victories early. If you turn your heart and start trying and praying for the Holy Spirit to come and make a difference to help you, he will. It's time to stop being just a private in God's army and start making rank. Be holy, it's great advice for a better walk with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment