Thursday, January 27, 2011

THE ROCK

This week I started thinking about the fact that God is referred to as a/the/THE Rock.

Ps 18:2 - The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
He *is* my fortress, a place of protection, a solid structure which I can hide in when the storms of life rage high. He renews my strength, shields me, protects me, delivers me. He is my stronghold.

Ps 18:46 - The LORD lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let the God of my salvation be exalted.
He lives!! He is the author of my salvation! If I spent the rest of my life just praising God for salvation, I would still not be able to praise Him enough!!

Ps 31:2 - Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.
God wants to listen to us! He wants us to be close enough to whisper in His ear. He wants us to sit in His lap, allow Him to hold us, to be intimate with us. Broken, vulnerable, honest and needy.

Ps 62:7 - In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
God is. No really, God is!! God is sovereign. He reigns over all things. He is my strength. He is my refuge. He is alive!!!

Ps 144:1 - Blessed be the LORD my Rock,
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle—
This is good. He is my steady footing, preparing for battle. The same protector, deliverer, author and finisher, provides a steady footing for all!!

There are so very many scriptures, but I wanted to encourage you today that God knows all things. He sees all things. Seek Him and He will give you the answers, when you didn't even know the questions.

Run to Him Take refuge in His hiding place. Allow Him to renew your strength. Allow Him to hold you close, then whisper your needs to Him, He is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment